Seminar: Branes and the Kraft - Procesi transition
- Date: 5/31/2017 at 1:45 PM
- Location: Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1 Å73121
- Lecturer: Amihay Hanany (Imperial College)
- Organizer: Division of Theoretical Physics, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Contact person: Fabrizio Nieri
I will discuss general aspects of hyperKahler cones that appear as moduli spaces of theories with 8 supercharges. These show up in gauge theories as well as in brane systems, or in any string theory background with 8 supercharges. We will look at Higgs branches, coulomb branches, brane systems, and possibly discuss the physics of nilpotent orbits.