Seminarium: Algebraic properties of the monopole formula
- Datum: 20 december, kl. 13.45–15.00
- Plats: A73121
- Föreläsare: Marcus Sperling (Vienna)
- Kontaktperson: Fabrizio Nieri
The monopole formula provides the Hilbert series of the Coulomb branch for a 3-dimensional N = 4 gauge theory.
In this talk, I will discuss how the two geometric notions "fan" and "monoid" can be very fruitful for the understanding of the monopole formula.
After a brief reminder of the monopole formula, I will introduce the matter fan and reorganise the monopole formula accordingly. I then discuss the resulting benefits such as:
(1) Explicit expressions for the Hilbert series for any gauge group.
(2) Proof that the order of the pole at t=1 and t → ∞ equals the complex or quaternionic dimension of the Coulomb branch.
(3) Identification of a sufficient set of chiral ring generators.