The research at the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics concerns the part of physics that examines matter and processes at the atomic level. The division is recognized as world leading in the development of X-ray based spectroscopic methodologies as powerful tools for the study of atomic processes. This has given us a leading position in the study of atoms, molecules and condensed matter – in particular materials, surfaces and interfaces with applications in the areas of energy, environment and advanced technology.
Read more about
In the spotlight
Prof. Henry N. Chapman has been named Doctor Honoris Causa at the Faculty of Science and Technology at Uppsala University. Henry Chapman leads a division at the Center for Free-Electron Laser Science at DESY, Hamburg. Together with researchers from Uppsala University, he has conducted innovative experiments where complex biological molecules have been imaged with ultrafast and extremely intensive X-ray pulses from a free-electron laser.
- Honorable mention: Henry N. Chapman and Stefano Moretti Named New Honorary Doctors in Physics
- New discovery to increase storage capacity in Lithium-ion batteries
- PhD Position in Magnetization Dynamics
- Uppsala University honorary doctor to Margaret Murnane from Boulder Colorado
- Research Infrastructure Fellow to build VERITAS beamline at MAX IV
Are you a student looking for a bachelor, master or a PhD project?