The research at the Division of Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics concerns the part of physics that examines matter and processes at the atomic level. The division is recognized as world leading in the development of X-ray based spectroscopic methodologies as powerful tools for the study of atomic processes. This has given us a leading position in the study of atoms, molecules and condensed matter – in particular materials, surfaces and interfaces with applications in the areas of energy, environment and advanced technology.
Read more about
In the spotlight
We are organizing a meeting in Uppsala on DiffMAX combined with Electron Spectroscopies on the 22nd and 23rd of March 2017. The aim is to discuss the scientific case for using X-ray diffraction and spectroscopic methods for the proposed DiffMAX beamline at the MAX IV laboratory.
- Available position: Postdoc in Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics with Photon Science
- New discovery to increase storage capacity in Lithium-ion batteries
- PhD Position in Magnetization Dynamics
- Uppsala University honorary doctor to Margaret Murnane from Boulder Colorado
- Research Infrastructure Fellow to build VERITAS beamline at MAX IV
Are you a student looking for a bachelor, master or a PhD project?