Seminar: Transit spectroscopy of low-mass planets: observations and transmission spectra retrieval
- Date: –15:00
- Location: Zoom https://uu-se.zoom.us/j/64257004440
- Lecturer: Linn Boldt-Christmas & Nikolai Piskunov
- Contact person: Sofia Ramstedt
We will introduce exoplanet characterisation with transit spectroscopy technique and then focus on high-resolution methods of atmosphere detection and analysis. After an introduction of the field, we will focus on deriving the requirements for the observational data, the data reduction system pipeline, Aronson method of transmission spectrum retrieval, and possible approaches to their interpretation.
We will run with the following setup:
- The zoom meeting will open at 13.45 so that you can log on and try it out.
- Participants should mute their microphones unless they have a question.
- Questions are allowed during the talk. Just raise your hand in the zoom app.
- After the talk has finished, unmute for applause.
- If possible, keep your video on during the full seminar so that the speaker gets visual feedback while talking.
- Questions after the talk will be administered as follows; raise your hand in the app and Sofia will chair and give the word.
- Finally, after the talk and question sessions are finished, the meeting will remain open for an informal ”bring-your-own-fika” if you want to hang around and chat with your colleagues and the speaker. Since this is a 4-month seminar, the faculty will again meet in a breakout room.